Thursday, October 6, 2011

Ukrainian eggs

My kind sister used her amazing photography skills,
(see her blog here for even more amazing photos)
to take pics of my eggs!

Here they all are:

~
Now separately, in order of creation:

 This was my first one...


...which after making, I startled my family greatly by skipping through the house exclaiming how well the kistky worked.
:P
 ~

Next, a bird on one side...


And a flower on the other.

And yes, the leaves are blue.
*sigh*

Still learning...
;)

~

Then I decided to make an untraditional egg.

Traditional eggs mostly have geometric patterns, very even and uniform.

Untraditional eggs are...
ungeometric.
:P


So I made a peacock, 


 with it's tail flowing almost all the way around the egg.


I like the effect..

~
Then we have a very traditional egg.
An eight pointed star, which symbolizes the sun.


Actually, I didn't know that until after I made the egg. 
:P

~

Lastly, my latest egg.



I liked the way this one turned out. 
By now most of the lines are looking fairly straight!

~

And here are the eggs all together.


Well, five is all the eggs I have made so far, but I'm pretty sure I will make some more when I get time.
Phew.

Quite a few photos.

 Of course, I had around 70 pics, just of the finished eggs to sort through. 

:P

I'll do one more post on Ukrainian egg/Pysanky history sometime soon!

6 comments:

  1. I love the eggs Amy! And sorry about the 78 photos. *eyeroll* ;P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you like them, and thanks for taking photos of them! ;P

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the third egg is my favorite ... I like the geometric designs and rich (dark) colors! Nice work. Dad

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! I think that's one of my favorites too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Amy! I really like the peacock one--how the tail wraps around the egg. They are all amazing though! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you! I had a lot of fun making that one!

    ReplyDelete