Sunday, February 13, 2011

origami architecture

I'M BLOGGING AGAIN ALREADY!

And It's only been 6 days!

Wow.

*holds out hand to quiet loud applause*
;D

I have found a new interest.
(big surprise)
Brace yourselves for another long name:

~Origami Architecture~

Ok, not that long.

I was searching for origami, when I ran across an inspiring photo.

Amazing.

Sadly, there is no free pattern.

After I recovered from this sad fact, I set about searching for more creations, but with free patterns.

My search, (rather unsuccessful) eventually morphed into a pop up cards search. Not sure how I got of onto a rabbit trail like that.

But I did.

I wasn't looking for simple pop up cards. Something more like this or this.

Yes, I definitely was nuts to think I could even try to make something like that.

Also,

these patterns were created by a Ingrid Siliakus.

A leading artist in this type of work.

Apparently she doesn't want to give them away free. ;P

So, I had to find something else.

Easier,
but not too easy.

Hm.

Most artists wanted to sell their patterns in books.

Sigh.

I finally found a great website: Baud and Bui.

Free, downloadable patterns.

Not too hard.
Not too easy.
:D
My first attempt:
A pagoda

I thought it looked pretty neat...

Sadly, it isn't pop up.

It just....stands there collecting dust.

It sure looks neat, though.:D

After that, I found another site with some free patterns.

It's in Spanish (I think...), so I can't read it, but I could still figure out the diagrams!

It's called:
Libros
The patterns are a bit harder.
:)
The best patterns I found were at the bottom of the most recent post.

Here is a city/town mirror image.

Turned out better than the pagoda.

*nods*

The last place I found was this blog.

It has a few neat patterns, and lot's of other neat craft ideas!

Anyway...

I have now journaled my quest for Origami Architecture patterns.

If anyone finds any other good sites with free patterns,

I would LOVE to know about them!!!

Maybe I'll just have to buy a book from those artists who won't give free patterns away...
;D

Another post about Valentines to come shortly!
(I hope...)

1 comment: