Tuesday, May 10, 2011

recent projects part 1...


Well...I haven't posted in quite a while. Not that that is unusual or anything...
*rolls eyes*
I've just been busy making so many things.
Yep. Excuses.
Here we have what I made least recently: A posterish thing, with a quote by someone who I don't know.
I like the quote, and decided to make it into art.
Of some kind.
I used water colors and felt tip pens.
It would be hanging on my wall, but I have only so much space, and I like the others better.
Yep.
Here we have perhaps my favorite.

I suppose I should have saved it for last, but I am posting in the order of creation.

A scherenschnitte of a bird on a branch. The background is ripped and torn sheet music.

Terrible of me, I know.
(Consolation: It is photocopies of my music, don't worry! ;P)

This one is a very interesting twist on this interesecting circles tutorial.
I saw the tutorial and thought how fun it would be to make.
I also realized (sadly) that though paint chips are easily come by in the states, they are NOT in the Philippines.
My dad went to look for a good paint for our computer room and came back with a huge loop of paint chips. You had to return them of course.
I doubt the store would be happy to find that most of their paint chips had circles cut out of them, when they got them back.
Change of plans.
I dug out our stash of scrapbooking paper, and found some that I liked.
And believe it our not, I almost like mine better!

Next we have a doodle thing.

I saw (once again :P) a neat piece of art online.

It was a sheet of paper covered in designs made by several felt tip pens/markers.

I lost the link sadly, but I made two similar pieces, one greens and blues, the other pinks and oranges.

I have only scanned the second one, which unfortunately is not as nice. But here it is anyway:


A bit busy, to be sure, but interesting to look at.

I shall try to post a bit more soon!
I still have a few more projects yet to be seen...

Oh! and I think I shall start to post my novel chapter here as well!

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment