Friday, May 13, 2011

recent projects part 2...

Well. 
Here I am again. 
This time I have rediscovered my watercolors, which were buried under a avalanche of art supplies.
*blush*
*hides behind art supplies*
I will clean them up.
Sometime.
*clears throat*
{end of rabbit trail}

So, we have some watercolor paintings.

First, a bouquet...the flowers were roughly sketched with white crayon and then painted over with watercolor. 


'Fraid I can't get over the wax resist technique. 

First on Pysanky, then art...

~
Then, we have a freaky, spooky looking castle. 
Yes, I know that does not sound like me. 
I actually saw this in an art book, and theirs looked so neat, I had to try it.

You squirt different colors of acrylic paint in a line along the bottom of the paper, then use a piece of cardboard to drag the paint upward.




You may be wondering at this point why I call it a watercolor painting.

Well...

I didn't have the correct colors of acrylic paint.
So I used undiluted watercolor paints from a tube instead .

T'was all I had, so I used it. :P

And it worked pretty well.

The final touches, like the hanging bridges, birds/bats and trees were added with a felt tip pen.
~
Finally, I couldn't resist putting in a pic of my stone. 
Yes, you heard me correctly.
A stone.
I saw a picture of a stone painted very nicely, with a sweet little bird on the top.

{inspiration}

The next day I walked out of the house, calling over my shoulder:

"Bye Mom! I'm going to go paint a stone!" 

You can imagine her response.
Then again, I think she is getting used to my wild ideas...

That night, we were sitting around joking about it.
(Everyone liked the stone...;P)

Mom suggested teasingly that it would be a very good excuse to use against unwanted future suitors.
(NOT that I'm planning on those anytime soon...*rolls eyes* )

I can just imagine it:
"No, sorry, I'm busy. Have to go paint a stone!"
XD

Well...that's it!

3 comments:

  1. Way cool Amy!!!!!! I am amazed at your talent! And love seeing all the wonderful projects you are doing! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just read your novel-Ch.1!!! WOW! Great job!!! Excellent! Are you sure you are just 14 going on 15? Not 21 going on 22??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Auntie Judy! :) I have really enjoyed writing my novel! I'm planning to post more pretty soon! (hopefully...)

    -Amy

    ReplyDelete