Saturday, May 28, 2011

summer projects


Happy Summer Vacation! 
(for me, anyway...;D ) 

Well, I am trying to be productive with my time this vacation, 
so,
instead of sitting in front of the computer for hours, I am devoting myself to hours of crafts!

Here is my first of 
(hopefully,)
many projects!

Remember those doodled eggs I made awhile ago..

Oh.

I forgot that I haven't posted about those.

Hm.

*rewind* 

Several months ago, I saw this blog post.

Ah...
I grabbed my pen, and began to doodle. 

And you know what? 
They turned out pretty well!
*clears throat* 
At least, the flower ones did. 

I learned from the paisley eggs, that thicker tipped pens work best. 

And that you really DON'T want to draw your design on first in pencil.

AND that the simpler the design is, the better it works.


Anyway. 

Today I was sitting at the table, my watercolors strewn over it.

I glanced over at the eggs, and realized the flower pattern would look really neat in color on paper. 

So I tried it.

1. Sketch flowers all over paper.
Caution:  Fingers may grow cramped.


 2. Add leaves. 
If fingers are not already cramped, you will most likely experience that now.
If so, stop for cookies. ;P


3. After your paper is covered in black sketches, pull out your watercolors.


4. Choose colors.
Confession: Actually, I didn't choose my colors first, I just dove in. Later I found the ones I used, and took a picture of them... ;P

 5. Paint! 


6. And lastly, go over the whole thing in black pen.
Yes. 
Again.

  And voila!
(is that how you spell it?)

 You have a fun piece of summery art! 

 :(
our scanner was not nice to the colors...
*shakes fist at scanner*
:P 

Hope you have a great summer!

1 comment:

  1. *shakes fist at scanner too*
    :P Too bad....Nice doodle-painting-marker-thingy! You should hang it up in our room! :D
    Elise

    ReplyDelete