Sunday, August 28, 2011

stamps & stamping

Hey!
I'm back again.

This time, I am posting about my stamping experience.
No, I don't mean store bought stamps.

I mean handmade stamps, of course.

I was inspired.
This lady makes reeaalllly nice stamps. 
So cute, intricate, and pretty.

*sigh*

She uses an artist carving block for her stamps.
And a linoleum cutter.
I have neither.

Of course, by now you should know that probably won't discourage me much.

I improvised.

As usaul.
;P
Craft foam does an admirable job masquerading as carving block, and an ordinary craft knife seems to fit the job of cutting foam pretty nicely!

I like birds. And flowers.
So those are the stamps I made.


I layered my foam and glued it together, as it was so thin.
Then I cut out the shape I wanted for a stamp.

 I carved some details into the stamps. 
I made sure to carve deeply enough that you can see the marks, but not all the way through the foam.
That wouldn't have been good.
 :)
Lastly, I glued the foam shapes onto a piece of cardboard.

Then I tried stamping.

They worked!

I was very happy.
:D



I stamped on scrap paper...


ripped brown paper bags...


and pretty patterned card stock.


Then I made bookmarks.
:) :) :)
It was very fun.



And I like the final products, too! :P

(I also stamped on cloth...I haven't made any thing with that yet. We'll see if any thing comes of it...)



And that's all for now! 

My stamping fiesta is recorded.
:)

I will try to post again somewhere in the nearish future! 
;P

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Very cool --again as usual! Love the bookmarks! And amazed--again as usual--at your amazing ability. Those stamps are so intricate--must have been hard doing all the little details and the bird legs! Thanks for sharing!
    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much!
    Hugs to you too.

    -Amy

    ReplyDelete