Tuesday, August 23, 2011

watercolor birds

:)
I'm posting again!

Yes.

Here are the watercolor birds I mentioned in the other post.
Neither of them are quite as good as the sparrow, (in my opinion) but I still like them.

Firstly,
a cardinal

Well, the poor bird appears to be a bit tail heavy.
And the legs. *sigh* 'fraid these aren't right again.

On a brighter note, I was pleased with the beak!
:P

 And a blue bird.


I like this one better than the cardinal, though my sparrow is still my favorite. This one is softer looking, and a little ruffled...
more realistic.

AND:
THE CLAWS WORKED! 
:D :D :D :D 

I actually painted a titmouse too, but it had serious stomach problems.
Looked as if he might have swallowed a golf ball or something...

So I won't post that.
:)

I keep thinking I'm caught up on posting, and then I start some new project. 

I wonder why it is that when I'm on summer break I lie around and read all day, but when I should be working out Algebra 2 equations during school, I have half a dozen projects that urgently need my attention first?

Hm.
:P

My latest project was carving stamps, so I'll try to post about that soon! :)

4 comments:

  1. What can I say? Amazing! Beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks very much! I appreciate you reading my blog!

    -Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Amy,

    It looks like your mom will have some beautiful
    artwork to hang in your home:) Please keep
    sharing~Hugs to everyone:D

    Love,
    Mrs. Sutlive

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks very much! Hugs to you too!

    -Amy

    ReplyDelete