Sunday, February 5, 2012

tropical island



For art class last week I had to paint a water scene. 
Hm. 

I picked a photo Elise took from a boat trip several weeks ago....
Sorry.
Can't find the actual picture.
:P

You can go here to see it: Light on My Lens

It was challenging. Especially the water. :P
 Any suggestions on how to paint realistic looking water?

Anyway, here is the finished painting:

The sky is not as neon blue as it appears here.
:/
Scanners...

Maybe I should photograph my art rather than scan it...

I have another painting soon, of the Eiffel Tower! 
:)

4 comments:

  1. I agree with you on the scanner thing. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The water looks realistic to me! Very nice painting! Someday when you have your own home you won't have to buy any thing for your walls...you can just use your own paintings :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Thanks! Yep, my house is going to have a lot of pictures on the walls!! :P

      Delete