Monday, January 9, 2012

African batik 2

Here's the second half!

After the fabric was completely covered with wax, I took the pillow case outside.

I cracked the wax a little, by crumpling up the pillowcase.

Then I got out the black fabric spray paint, and went to work.

 

After covering it completely with black paint, I took it back inside on a garbage bag, and let it dry for quite a while.

Next, I ironed it between newspapers, to get most of the wax off.


This is how the first couple of sheets looked...
:P

 

I ironed.
and ironed.
and ironed.

 

and here the batik is, finished!

 
 Sigh. 
I wish I could take better photos.
These just don't do it justice.
:/

 

but I like how it turned out!


5 comments:

  1. Really cool Amy! I like how it turned out too :0)
    Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay, you finished, Amy! it's true, your finished project looks so much more vibrant irl. you amaze me by the projects you tackle! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's GORGEOUS! I'm not much of a crafty person, but I love to do it! :)

    ReplyDelete