Tuesday, March 20, 2012

copying Monet

Sorry for the lack of posts...
;)
I had a great trip to Subic for a soccer tournament over spring break. Our team placed second!
Read more about it here: soccer tournament
Anyways...

For art a few weeks ago, I had to copy a painting by Monet.
Here is the painting I chose:

We used to have it hanging up in our house.

Here is my duplicate:
It's ok... 
The sky looks a lot less neon in real life!
I had fun trying to copy it.
But...
I was using watercolors.
They are really hard to layer.
:P
So the poppies turned out looking like washed out blobs.
~
I'm actually copying another picture right now... Van Gogh's "Starry Night"! 
I'll post about it soon.

1 comment:

  1. Just lovely! As usual! I love Monet :-)
    Many congrats on your well played tournament and 2nd place win!! I'm excited for you and proud of you! Looks like you and Elise had a wonderful time! Friends, fun, Frosties! So glad you had that exciting opportunity :-)

    ReplyDelete