Monday, July 4, 2011

watercolor birds


I've been gone for a while.

Yes.

Excuses.

Our trip was VERY fun and interesting,
(except for an unpleasant flu...)

*grins and nods*

Extras! Extras! Read all about it HERE!
;P

Well, I have been playing around with watercolor, and I recently saw this blog.

So, on to watercolor birds.

To be completely honest, it is only two so far, but it's a start.

And it's been fun.

I'm enjoying it. :)

1st bird.
(as you can see, I messed up right under the beak...)



But I still like it.

And...

2nd bird.

I like the shape of this one a bit better, but maybe that's because I just painted it...

It also seems somewhat more subdued than the other.

Almost pigeon-like...

Hm.



Oh, the flowers are supposed to be poppies.

They ended up resembling roses, or carnations...
:P

And the stem of one unfortunate bud is extremely thick due to a unsteady hand...

But I like it, too.
:)

That is it so far...
There may be more to come.
or maybe not.

It will depend on the whims of the artist.
;D

Oh! I also posted my third chapter of my novel, in case anyone would like to read it...
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment